Home   News   Featured   Creative Kids visit Jo Jo’s Dairy Farm

Creative Kids visit Jo Jo’s Dairy Farm

JJ diaryOn Wednesday the 10th of October 2018 The Creative Kids went on a special after school trip to Jo Jo’s Dairy Farm at Lotmead in Swindon where they met Jonathan and Josette who run the Farm.

And this is what happened! By Archie Thomas Age 10

We went round and looked at the Farm and the Milk churn where the milk is kept for the baby cows (Calves)
We got to see all the pregnant cows and went to see the tractor and explored inside it! We all met the new-born baby calves who were so cute!
The Creative Kids group was asked to name a new-born calf who was brown in colour and so sweet. Miss Burrows said that I could name her as I am writing about our time at the farm. I would like to call her Cookie 
We watched the cows being milked and saw where all the milk is stored at the farm in big tanks. We even got to use a special vending machine that gave us all our very own bottle of whole, fresh cow’s milk!
My favourite part of the trip was watching the milking process and seeing the milk churns
My funniest bit of our trip to the farm was talking about all the poo and the smell of the cows! I also really liked the calves trying to suck our fingers all the time, that made me laugh!

A huge thank you to Jonathan and Josette for making sure we had a brilliant trip!
We love visiting your dairy farm, we hope to see you again very soon!

THank moo

• Calendar iconOctober 23, 2018  (Updated: October 23, 2018)
  • Category icon Featured