At Millbrook Primary School we strive to inspire a life-long love of sport and physical activity for our pupils to live mentally and physically healthy fulfilling lives.
- We follow the GetSet4PE Scheme which is designed to inspire and engage children allowing them to explore and develop skills and embed knowledge. There is a clear progression throughout the school; from the fundamentals of dance, gymnastics and ball skills in EYFS to the application of skills in a variety of more complex sports and activities in Key Stage 2.
- Each year children are taught units of work based on dance, gymnastics and games.
- By the time the children leave Year 6, they will have developed a sustained level of endurance, experienced a range of sport and activity and experienced competitive sport at either or both inter-school and intra-school level.
- We aspire for children to adopt a positive mind-set and to find sports and or physical activity which they enjoy. We encourage children to reflect upon their emotional state pre and post physical activity to acknowledge that being active can improve mental wellbeing. All children are also able to explain why being physically active is paramount to their physical health.
- All children are taught to observe and produce the conventions of fair play, honest competition and good sporting behaviour as individual participants, team members and spectators. This will embed life-long values such as co-operation, collaboration and fairness.
- All children are taught the importance of being active for their physical health. They can explain the physical changes that bodies experience relevant to their particular stage of learning.
- Children have 2 PE lessons each week from Year 1 to Year 6.
- All children participate inter-school competitive sport each term.
- Children practise the skills they have learnt each term in either competitive games or performances within their class.
- Each term the children compete in a house competition.
- Children have opportunities to compete with other schools.
- Teachers take photographic and video evidence.
- Children are encouraged to perform in sharing assemblies.
- Children are active and engaged.
- At Millbrook, children have fun whilst developing their sporting skills.
- Children are able to talk with enthusiasm and knowledge about what they are doing in PE lessons.
- Children have developed their confidence to be physically active and try new sports and activities.
- At Millbrook, we aim to develop a life-long love of physical activity.
PE and Sport Premium Documents